TODAYS CSAT QUESTIONS FOR PRACTICE
1. Body weight could be down to more than simply what you eat – according to a new study; how you digest your food is also an important factor. Researchers say that the bacteria in human guts, which help to break down food, differ in lean and obese people.” Our findings suggest that obesity has a microbial component, which might have implications,” wrote the researchers, led by Jeffrey Gordon of Washington University in Missouri, in today’s issue of Nature.
Which of the following is assumed by the researchers?
(a) Obesity is related to the food that you eat.
(b) Bacteria in the human guts play a stronger role than the digestive system.
(c) Most or all humans have bacteria in their guts.
(d) The bacteria in human guts do not cause any harm to the human system.
2. Consider the following statements:
1. All machines consume energy.
2. Electricity provides energy.
3. Electrically operated machines are cheap to maintain.
4. Electrically operated machines do not cause pollution.
Which one of the following inferences can be drawn from the above statements?
(a) All machines are run by electric energy.
(b) There is no form of energy other than electricity.
(c) Most machines are operated on electric energy.
(d) Electrically operated machines are preferable to use.
Tomorrow: Next questions for practice
For previous questions refer yesterday’s post
Click on MAINS and PRELIMS pages also.